Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vrocca
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Plotting values across days and time

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has some ideas/suggestions on a way to visualize the number of x occurences by Day and Time, with the goal of easily seeing the intersection where most occurences occur (i.e. X event happens most often on Fridays at 6PM). 

I was thinking of a scatter chart, but I can't put non-aggregatable values on my X , Y axis. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can use R but you would not get that slice & dice of the data interactivity.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can use R but you would not get that slice & dice of the data interactivity.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks Bhavesh. I was thinking I may have to go down that route as well, though I'm not as familiar with R so it may prove more challenging.

Below is a screenshot of how the data is currently visualized in a different tool. From this chart, you can easily spot the day and time when most events occur.

Days-Hours.png

Thanks,

Victor

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com

Hi vrocca,

Have you checked the calendar visual in Visual Gallery?

Calendar Visual

Which would show the date in a calendar format, and display the values in color. Check the article and see if it would help here.

Regards

spuder
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi vrocca,

I'm not sure if I understood you right.

But I suggest to use a simple line chart. Extract Weekday and hour from your DateTime Values and count the values.

The result should be something like that.

You can even add a hierarchy to drill from the day to day/hour level.

Don't be irritated by the names of the days. It is German language. Smiley Happy

line chart order count by day/hourline chart order count by day/hour

Greetings

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.