Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Play axis visualization

Hi PBI community,

The play axis visualisation by default displays the highest data point across the year range for each location. Is there a way to set the default so it displays the first year of a data set? In this way when a user opens the page of the report the first year is shown. Otherwise, with it is giving misleading results. 

I know the play axis can be set to automatically start playing, but that is not a feature I want to use. 

This is the default year display - it is displaying the top result for a range of thirty years, which is misleading. 

Brent_C_0-1631770746189.png

This is how I would like it to display, showing the first year of the dataset:

Brent_C_1-1631771053922.png

Cheers,

Brent

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, you can create a measure to display some years you want to display, and then put it in the filter on this visual, or directly filter the fields in the play axis to the years you want to display. The reference is as follows:

vhenrykmstf_0-1632291544499.png

After you clict button.

vhenrykmstf_1-1632291595271.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-henryk-mstf and @amitchandak

That doesn't appear to resolve what I am trying to achieve. Like you suggest, I think I need a measure that sets the play axis to start at year 2001 from my date dimension table:

• ‘Dim date’[End date]

Can you suggest such a measure? As a reminder, here is my original request for assistance:

• The play axis visualisation by default displays the highest data point across the year range for each location. Is there a way to set the default so it displays the first year of a data set? In this way when a user opens the page of the report the first year is shown. Otherwise, by showing the highest values it is giving misleading results. 

Cheers,

Brent

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In the play axis visual, use a visual level filter and check the measure you used in the map is not blank and see if that can help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately this doesn't work.

thanks nonetheless!

Brent.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.