Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

% Percentage question with division for a dashboard with 2 columns

Hi,

Below are 2 snapshots (My dashboard, and my columns that make up the dashboard)   The Vendor % (Vendors Divided by Total Workers) is correct for all the rows except for "B. Mary"  "C Drew" "D Dave" "E. Willie" and "F. Sam".  For example "B. Mary" the % should be %.74 and not 2.95      

Is there a way to do this in Power BI ?   Any help would make my Wknd.

Thank you

rickv_0-1671210988251.png

rickv_1-1671211061362.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Is your "Vendor %" a column rather than a measure? If so, you need to create a measure for it. You can use the following measure.

Vendor % Measure = DIVIDE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Vendors] ), SUM ( 'Table'[Total Workers] ) )

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Highly appreciate your Kudos!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Is your "Vendor %" a column rather than a measure? If so, you need to create a measure for it. You can use the following measure.

Vendor % Measure = DIVIDE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Vendors] ), SUM ( 'Table'[Total Workers] ) )

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Highly appreciate your Kudos!

Anonymous
Not applicable

IT WORKED,,   Thank you so much

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thank you for answering,  I just found this message.  Let me try it and get back to you.  Thank you

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.