Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Tom_
Frequent Visitor

Percentage of row total going over 100%

Hi All,

I'm a bit new to Power Bi and have been struggling to find a way to correct the percentage of row totals going over 100% as in the below matrix:

Example.png

The table data looks like this, with the value field in the Matrix being set to a count of the "Ticket ID" column one of which is showing the value as a percentage of the row total

Table name is 'Data'

Ticket IDDate ClosedSLA State
105/07/2018Within SLA
206/07/2018Breached SLA
307/07/2018Breached SLA
408/07/2018Within SLA
509/07/2018Within SLA

Have looked around the forum but unable to find anything that works, any advice would be appreciated

Many Thanks,

Tom

8 REPLIES 8
sachin_r2911
Regular Visitor

I have a gantt chart and a column named completed percent limited where the values range between 0 to 100. But when I plot a gantt chart by adding the completed percent limited column to tooltip, I can see that the values exceed 100. Can someone explain me how to resolve this issue?

sachin_r2911_0-1715959841962.png

leilao

Hi, did you ever find a solution for this? I'm facing the same issue. Thanks!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That looks for all the world like a rounding problem if I understand what you are saying. Try increasing the decimal places to 2 digits?

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for your response, i adjusted the number of decimal places but the percentage totals still don't add up to 100% (i.e. July is 88.95% + 11.72% = 100.67%)

Example_2.png

Many Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tom_,

Hmm, weird. Is the % a self made measure, or did you create it by "show value as: percent of row total"?

If it is a measure, could you share the dax formula?

Koen

Hi Koen,

I was using the "show value as: percent of row total", however I just changed the count (distinct) to a normal count and it all adds up to 100% for some reason. All of the columns were set to Count (Distinct) as there were a few instances where dupes appeared in the data where a case has been reopened.

Many Thanks,

Tom

I can confirm, I ran into the same issue and I was counting distinct values.  Once I changed it to just count, it totaled correctly.

I would like to know why distinct count doesnt work with the percent of row function.  It doesnt make sense that it will add up to be more than a 100%, and it even displays the total as 100% when its actualy 102.xx% 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @tom_,

This looks like a rounding issue. I would change the number of decimals in the format pane of the visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.