Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Percentage Value shows twice in Donut Chart

Please find the below attached visual for reference and the one which is highlighted in red color is the issue.  Actually I have to show "SalesAmount" in Percentgae.So, in my case i am getting percentage but the problem is when I hover on the visual tooltip is showing percentage's value twice and this is only showing for visuals like Pie Chart and Donut Chart. Is there any way to get only one percentgae value instead of two?

DonutCharts.PNGHow can I show only one value in Percentgae.

Best Regards,

Srihari

6 REPLIES 6
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

This is happening because you are using a summarisation quick measure moved on to this Donut chart as "Percentage of Grand total":

Pragati11_0-1600694605102.png

Is this correct?

What you can do is rather than creating this as a calculation within this chart, you can create a measure for this calculation. Then move this calculation to your donut chart.

In order to further assist you with this, I will need to know further details like what values you are moving to donut chart, a screenshot of sample data.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pragati11, Thank You! Eventhough I have created a measure to get the percentage value, but still it is showing the same.

As you said earlier, "This is happening because you are using a summarisation quick measure moved on to this Donut chart as "Percentage of Grand total":. and "Yes". I have taken summarisation quick measure on to this Donut chart.

DonutPercentage.PNGSample.PNG

Please find the attached screenshots for your reference. First screenshot is for Values which are moving on the Donut chart and second one is for sample data (AdventureWorksDW2017).

If you see in first screenshot, In this I haven't applied any summarisation quick measure as "Percentage of Grand Total" and have taken only the "SUM". But still it is showing Percentage value which is highlighted in Red Color in First Screenshot.

I hope you have solution for this

Best Regards,

Srihari 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Consider the following example:

Pragati11_0-1600761130483.png

Now go to format options for this Donut chart as shown below --> Detail Labels --> Label Style --> Data Value:

Pragati11_1-1600761233873.png

This will remove the %-age value as a label.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pragati11, Thanks for the solution but I want to remove % in Tooltip. DonutCharts.PNG

Let's say If I hover on the year 2014 then it should show "Year" and "Salesamount" in %. So, in my case I have got the salesamount in % but the problem is "Salesamount Percentage is showing twice. So,here I want to remove the Percent value which is (2.13%) in brackets not on the donut chart visual. Please find the attached visual below as this one is the final output visual. 

DonutOutput.PNG

Best Regards,

Srihari

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can't remove this percentage value within brackets.

This is the default view for the toolotip on a Donut chart or a Pie-chart.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

In 2024, is there still no solution for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.