Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sudharshan1919
Helper III
Helper III

Pass Values Dynamically

Hi All,

I have some set of data with server name and user names and the system info. I have data like below image.

Sudharshan1919_1-1654603739846.png

For the last column, i have kept some custom column which is of  URL. I have this kind of URL, for example: http://think.com is my URL and in the custom column i am displaying like (Concatenated the "URL" , Server Name [Column] and "/OrgServiceAcc") http://think.com/ServerName1/OrgServiceAcc. 

Now in the place of OrgServiceAcc, it must pass the user name dynamically.

I have shared the dashboard url to some set of people in the power bi service and now when any user who is checking the dashboard and found any errors in the details of any server, he must be able to click the link and make changes. For that in the place of OrgServiceAcc the userid who is making changes to that particular server should pass his userid dynamically.

That means when a user who is clicking on the url, it must be like to http://think.com/ServerName1/UserID1 

Can anyone help on this ?

Thanks

Sudharshan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Sudharshan1919 ,

You can try passing the username with dax function - USERNAME().

USERNAME() will return the id of user and then you can concatinate that Username funtion with your URL.

But the catch is that you need to create this as a Measure not as a Calculated column so that userids can get concatinate dynamically.

Maybe you can try to pick the calculated column URL using firstnonblank() function and then concatenate with username() funtion.

I am assuming that you are showing this data in table visual so you can go ahead and do conditional formatting on this measure to weburl so that it will start navigating.

Please mark it as answer if it solves your issue. Kudos are also appreciated.

Cheers,
Shishir

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Sudharshan1919 ,

You can try passing the username with dax function - USERNAME().

USERNAME() will return the id of user and then you can concatinate that Username funtion with your URL.

But the catch is that you need to create this as a Measure not as a Calculated column so that userids can get concatinate dynamically.

Maybe you can try to pick the calculated column URL using firstnonblank() function and then concatenate with username() funtion.

I am assuming that you are showing this data in table visual so you can go ahead and do conditional formatting on this measure to weburl so that it will start navigating.

Please mark it as answer if it solves your issue. Kudos are also appreciated.

Cheers,
Shishir

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors