Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

tomtom2018
Regular Visitor

Partially place visual outside canvas to cut like Powerpoint can

Hi

In Powerpoint you can place a visual element partially outside of the visual area (in presentation mode) in order to cut parts of the visual element. 

For instance, I have a semi-transparent circle which I want to place in the bottom right corner, only showing one quarter of the circle. In Powerpoint this can be done by placing the circle center in the absolute corner.

In PowerBI I cannot do this as the visual element cannot be placed outside the borders (with and without grid snapping).

How to this, without having to cut the circle using paint etc.?

Regards,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi  @tomtom2018

By my tests, it seems that there is no good ways for us to create the visual like that in PowerPoint.

You could post your new idea in Power BI idea Forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi  @tomtom2018

By my tests, it seems that there is no good ways for us to create the visual like that in PowerPoint.

You could post your new idea in Power BI idea Forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Cherry

Thank you for your help. I have done so. Please upvote! 🙂

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34073203-position-visual-elements...

Am I supposed to mark your reply as solution?

Tom

Hi @tomtom2018,

If we help you, you could accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.