Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Raghuvardhan
Frequent Visitor

Parameter passing to stored procedure dynamically with out edit parameter

Hi All,

I Have Stored procedure along with Parameter (Date Parameter) . I have created Parameter in Power BI Desktop and passing parameter value to stored procedure Dynamically .

Here my questions are

1) Always I'm using edit parameter to pass value to my sp to fetch the records and along with by clicking  "Refersh data" warning message .

Currently, I am passing the Date value to the Parameter maually in Power BI deskTop to get the report updated .

Could you Please help if there is a way to dynamically pass this date from a date picker selection to the Stored procedure parameter.

Thanks

Raghu

8 REPLIES 8
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Raghuvardhan

Check the link

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/parameters-to-SP-or-Sql-query/m-p/58337

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @CheenuSing

Thanks for your kind reply,

I have done all the  above steps , Even I can pass the parameter through the Desktop like Edit Queries-> Edit parameters -> there I'm passing value manually  . By clicking the "Apply Changes" warning message. after my data is refershing .

But , I need to avoid all the manual steps . 

Is there any possible way like, pass parameter value dynamically to my direct query (SP) and data has to be refershed based on given i/p parameter . can you please help me about this.

Thanks 

Raghu

@Raghuvardhan,

Is there any possible way like, pass parameter value dynamically to my direct query (SP) and data has to be refershed based on given i/p parameter.

Based on my research, there is no such an option to allow us to achieve this automatically. Currently, we need to edit queries to change parameter value. If you have any concern on this feature, you can submit your idea on the link below. If this feature was mentioned by mulitple users, product team will consider to add this feature to next release.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie Liao,

Thanks for your reply,

Based on my research, there is no such an option to allow us to achieve this automatically. Currently, we need to edit queries to change parameter value.

Like you mentioned above ,Is there any option like this in power bi service ? .

Thanks 

Raghu

hi @Raghuvardhan

Did you solve this? I'm having troubles with this. You can find my post here to see what i'm trying to do. Hope you can help me.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

This can be achieved ony through pagination report in power BI

Regards

Basavaraj Dandothi

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.