Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Parameter - not able to change currency value by increment of 1

Hello, I need to be able to adjust the value of 14 million, going up by one dollar increments.   I think things are set up properly (?), but I cannot increment by one dollar at a time.   Is it that maybe the slider just is not sensitive enough to handle this large of a sum in 1 dollar increments?   It seems to adjust by much larger amounts when I use the slider.  

Individual Quota1 = SELECTCOLUMNS (
GENERATESERIES ( 0, 13000000, 1 ),
"Value", CURRENCY ( [Value] )
)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes! I agree with you.

Based on my test, moving slider with incremental of 1 once a time is not available for such a large range(0-13,000,000).

In this case, I suggest you input the Exact value in the what-if parameter.

1. Change the data type as Whole number

2. Enter the exact value manually then press Enter button.

enter value.PNG

Or apply a filter in advance to get a smaller range:

filter in advance.PNG

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sammy22
Regular Visitor

I am having a similar problem. I need to be able to allow any whole number between 1 and 50m for my parameter. I have given the parameter this setting: 

Parameter = GENERATESERIES(0, 1500000, 1)
I want to be able to enter the figure so have hidden the slider. However, whatever number i type seems to change to a number that is similar but not the same! For example i entered 123,456 as a test and it became 122,877 when i click enter! Similarly when i enter 1 it becomes 0!

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes! I agree with you.

Based on my test, moving slider with incremental of 1 once a time is not available for such a large range(0-13,000,000).

In this case, I suggest you input the Exact value in the what-if parameter.

1. Change the data type as Whole number

2. Enter the exact value manually then press Enter button.

enter value.PNG

Or apply a filter in advance to get a smaller range:

filter in advance.PNG

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , manually enter a value and check is it working? I created a big amount slider(EMI calculator), but I used a step of 100. If you give less space to the slider, it will jump fast. I have given the slider full width on the page. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.