Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

POWER BI is duplicating rows after loading in POWER QUERY

Hello!

In Power Query I have 45 rows, but when I load in Power BI it duplicates. What should I do?

massotebernoull_0-1635371223504.png (power query)

massotebernoull_1-1635371273503.png (power bi)

My table is bigger than 45, but I filtred this just to show what is happening. I tried to import the table again, but it didn't work.

And there is no relation with any other table.

I need some help, please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

2 possibilities:

1. There's a crazy bug that exponentially increases the rows of any data loaded into powerbi.

2. There's a normal powerbi process that needs investigating to see what's going on.

-----

Let's go with theory#2 just now.  What's the data source?  Is there any filtering or complex transforms taking place.

Have you tested with a simple table using 'Enter Data' to see if it loads into powerbi OK?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I just found the error. It was some bug in the CRM that I uploaded. I fixed removing the duplicated lines.

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

2 possibilities:

1. There's a crazy bug that exponentially increases the rows of any data loaded into powerbi.

2. There's a normal powerbi process that needs investigating to see what's going on.

-----

Let's go with theory#2 just now.  What's the data source?  Is there any filtering or complex transforms taking place.

Have you tested with a simple table using 'Enter Data' to see if it loads into powerbi OK?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.