Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NeilL
Frequent Visitor

Overcoming A Date Filter

Hello,
I have been trying to find a solution on how to overcome a date filter on a report for a specific scenario.
I am connected to my Dynamics CRM and imported my opportunities. Based on their close date and estimated duration I create a calculated table and generate a daily revenue number.

Revenue That Exists In Calculated Table In Prior YearRevenue That Exists In Calculated Table In Prior Year

My issue is that often times an opportunity will span across years, as is the case with this example. My page filter is summing up the revenue in the current year using relative date filtering and excluding those values in the prior year as seen in the above image.

For reference I have included a screenshot of my relationships.

Current RelationshipsCurrent Relationships

Below is the current formula as written, even though it is incorrect.

softsalesRT = CALCULATE(SUM(Forecast[Revenue]),ALL(Forecast[Date]))

The value of softsalesRT should be 1,999,000 for this opportunity.

Revenue Currently FilteredRevenue Currently Filtered

I need to be able to sum all the revenues for an opportunity (irrespective of date filters) as a scalar value then subtract out the filtered revenue sums on a monthly basis to generate a backlog.

I'm sure that my request is simple, but I'm stumped.
I certainly appreciate any suggestions and help on this.

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Not Sure I got it completely.

But if you want a complete forecast for the opportunity. Try like, use opportunity and disable time join.

softsalesRT = CALCULATE(SUM(Forecast[Revenue]), userelation (Opputinity[Opputinity],forecast(Opputinity)),crossrelation(date[Date],forcast[Date],none))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.