Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kapucinox

Outlook style Calendar in Power BI for text entries mostly - workaround ideas

Management report with sound demand : need Outlook style calendar with mostly text entries ( 3 text fields with longer strings) and not numerical  - for planned business events. Selection of months and year is a plus.

There are couple Calendar visualizations  in Power BI . But this visualization are focused on numerical data presentation  and not text data. Therefore, there is no way Power BI will visualize more text in native calendars.

Solutions?

1. Online Outlook Calendar with link from Power BI. Will not be integrated within dash then.
  2. Outlook Calendar embedded in Power BI . Unfortunately, functionally not yet available. There is just users  suggestion on Microsoft page.
  3. Excel Calendar with live update to Power BI. Will give visual we  want but no possibility to change month or year.
  4. Keep it as a table in Power BI.

None of the solutions is ideal therefore my question would be had anybody got any other workaround for this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
robertoleao

Did you solve your problem? I need the exact same thing and Beyondsoft Calendar doesn't help me.

robertoleao

Did you solve your problem? I need the exact same thing and Beyondsoft Calendar doesn't help me.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kapucinox,

Please check if the Beyondsoft Calendar custom visual helps in your scenario, you can drag text fields to Tooltip of the custom visual.
1.JPG

However, if you need more control on the calendar visual, consider to build your own custom visual.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.