Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

E12345
Resolver II
Resolver II

Optional & Multi-Select Paginated Reports Query Parameters with Analysis Services Data Source

Hello Power BI community! I need help with parameters and paginated reports. I want to generate paginated reports from within Power BI using the Paginated Report Visual as the container. I'm using Analysis Services as a data source and need to employ DAX for the datasource.

Since "report filter parameters" are slow, I prefer using "query parameters" for faster performance. My goal is to use Power BI slicers to send multi-select data and optional slicers from the Power BI page. This way, if a user doesn't make a selection, it defaults to "All." I'm struggling to find clear information or tutorials on implementing this technique.

If you know of any tutorials creating parameters using DAX, please share. I appreciate any assistance. It seems that while Power BI incorporates SSRS, connecting them via parameters isn't as seamless as expected. Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.