Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

mejaybird
Regular Visitor

Optimizing RLS Access: Unifying Country, organization and Legal Access in a Multi-Level Structure

I possess an RLS access table containing country, legal, and organization columns. In this table, opco represents level 2, and sub-opco is designated as level 3 within the same column for RLS. However, in the dimension table, these levels are represented in separate columns. Users may have multiple RLS accesses to data. When I apply ALL RLS in a single role, it grants access to data with all filters combined. Nevertheless, my objective is to provide users with access to the entire country and all data related to legal aspects in a unified manner. likeacb@dff have access to data related to Pacific scientific and electronic corporation and xyz@wer.com have access to all  data related  to electronic corporation and all data related to United states.

Security.png

rls modeing in power bi as dim_segment can not be connected  with two relationshiprls modeing in power bi as dim_segment can not be connected with two relationshiprls modeling query.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mejaybird 

Based on your description, I have some questions. Does all data have corresponding Organization, Legal and Country information? Like acb@dff.com, he doesn't have any organization and country information in your RLS table, does this mean that he can have access to data related to Pacific scientific and electronic corporation in all organizations and countries? Like xyz@wer.com, does he have access to data related to electronic corporation in all countries or only in United States, or data in other scopes? 

Besides, I found a blog that looks similar to your scenario. You may read it through the following link first to check whether it can be applied to your report. 

Dynamic Row Level Security in Power BI: Managing Multiple Roles | by Michal Kulikowski | Nov, 2023 |...

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

The email address xyz@wer.com is granted access to information concerning the electronic corporation across all countries, as well as all data specifically related to the United States.
The email address acb@dff.com is authorized to access information pertaining to Legal Pacific Scientific matters across all organizations and countries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors