Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

EmielMoor
Regular Visitor

Only show relevant Items in Matrix

Dear all,

I have the following challenge. I work at a plant nursery where we grow plants with a production span of around 6 months until they are ready to be sold. We have several customers we produce plants for on a weekly basis (so for example every week 500 of the same variety), and most plant varieties are sold to multiple customers. We do our best to controll our production, but since we produce life plants, some may grow slower or quicker or perish due to several factors. Therefore it is needed to have good insight in the expected availibilty per week. 

So I have a dataset with 5 tables, 3 for dimensions and 2 with facts. The dimensions exist of 1 table with article numbers, the second with clients and a third is a date-table. The facts consist of 1 table with the produced lots with their expected delivery week and a second table with the sales demand. The 2 tables have no direct relation, only via the dimension tables. I already created a matrix visual with a total overview per variety, but now I like to create an overview where a user can filter on a customer name and see the expected shortages/surplus per variety per week. Since the production is made to stock there is not yet a direct relation between the demand and the produced lot, so I need a calculation that does something like this: ((total plants expected to be available / total plants demand  ) -1) * plants demanded by filtered costumer, e.g. 4000 produced, where total demand = 5000 and demand for filtered customer = 500 which will show me ((4000/5000) -1) * 500 = -100. This calculation works, but the part where I strugle with now, is that in my matrix I will see all the production availability for all the varieties. So how can I include there a filter that will make the matrix show only the by this customer demanded varieties? 

For example, if we can make something work that just look like this I would be very happy already:

ItemWeek1Week2Week3Total
A-100500-300100
B25050-200100
C1020-40-10
Total160570-540190

I'm sure I'm not the first with this kind of question, but I could not find an answer yet by myself so I hope someone in this community can point me in the right direction, many thanks in advance!

Kind Regards, Emiel  

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @EmielMoor ,

If your tables are related by the date this is possible to be made however if you can share some sample file with some mockup data would be easier to help you.

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly (courtesy of @Greg_Deckler) and How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum (courtesy of @ImkeF).

Can you please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.