Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

itskool
Helper II
Helper II

Only keep total for sparkline

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a sparkline to my matrix which shows the dynamics from month to month.

The problem is the columns in my matrix are also months which makes Power BI add a sigle dot to them.

Any idea if there is a possibility to only keep the sparkline for the total (remove these two "Gap" columns in red rectangles)?

itskool_1-1649323732869.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @itskool ,

Just narrow the width.

vhenrykmstf_0-1649667660190.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @itskool ,

Just narrow the width.

vhenrykmstf_0-1649667660190.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Interesting workaround.

But it would be nice to have something to handle this more nicely.

For example, I want to achieve the following (examples using financials sample dataset).

It is a different workaround where I overlay the matrix without sparkline on top of the matrix with sparkline.

dakotajang_0-1668717065102.png

Best I can do with one table at the moment is the following.

I do not want to display the Total column.

I also wanted to hide the label for the values and it ended up cutting off the "Product" in the header.

dakotajang_1-1668717206981.png

I hope to see the feature in the "Format visual" tab to customize this sparkline visual.

ok, that should be fine for a workaround, thank you!

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @itskool ,

vhenrykmstf_0-1649665311005.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1649665510327.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please point it out. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the reply.

It is not really clear to me from the screenshot - how did you make the lines disappear?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@itskool , even if you use all or time intelligence you will only get one consolidated value. I doubt this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.