Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kvitnitskiy
Frequent Visitor

One sql query to multiple servers

Hello all. 

If there is a way to get data from few  MS SQL servers with only one SQL Query,  and append results in to one  single table at the end? 
like this 

kvitnitskiy_0-1697206151670.png

3 REPLIES 3
DinisSilveira5

Unfortunatelly this is the only way I know to do this natively on SQL. I think there is no other way but I'm not sure.

Another thing you can do is having a PowerBI with a table connected to each server you want to query and append everything in PowerQuery. 

DinisSilveira5

You can use Linked Serves. There are avaiable in SSMS under de Server Objects - Linked Servers.

DinisSilveira5_0-1697212390108.png

You need to create Linked Server for each server that you want to query. Then you can append the tables from the different Linked Servers more and less like this:

select * from [OtherServerName].[OtherDB].[dbo].[OtherTable]
union all
select * from [DifferentServerName].[DifferentDB].[dbo].[DifferentTable]

If you want more information you can check this link https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1144051/selecting-data-from-two-different-servers-in-sql-server

Thanks for the answer,  hovewer I don't have access to create linked server, only read access, unfortunatelly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.