Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielpcamara
Helper I
Helper I

OData that was working, stops

I have a OData base dashboard that worked fine for over a year, and today, stopped. I got a BI Service alarm saying that the refresh has fail. When I pull the pbix file this was the message:

OData Fail.png

It says "We couldn't connect. Exclude your credentials and try again later.".

I try that and didn't work. I don't remember why didn't use Sharepoint List for this case. But is there a way to correct this without changing the datasource? What is causing this?
This refreshes every day, and the first error occured yesterday (Sunday, 12/06/2022 13:03)

Update1: I remember why I use OData. In this case, it queries faster than a Sharepoint List.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danielpcamara
Helper I
Helper I

So, in the end, my real problem, was that I could not find and delete the old credential saved in my PBI Desktop.

Then I solved by:

1. Unintalling PBI Desktop;
  2. Deleting all REG related to PBI (I dont know if this was really nescessary):
    danielpcamara_0-1655150252175.png
  3. Delete the file "C:\Windows\prefetch\PBIDESKTOPSETUP_X64.EXE-5921B703.pf" (I dont know if this was really nescessary);
  4. Reistall PBI;
  5. Refresh the Query;
  6. Publish the Dashboard in PBI Service;
  7. Reset the Scheduled refresh.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
danielpcamara
Helper I
Helper I

So, in the end, my real problem, was that I could not find and delete the old credential saved in my PBI Desktop.

Then I solved by:

1. Unintalling PBI Desktop;
  2. Deleting all REG related to PBI (I dont know if this was really nescessary):
    danielpcamara_0-1655150252175.png
  3. Delete the file "C:\Windows\prefetch\PBIDESKTOPSETUP_X64.EXE-5921B703.pf" (I dont know if this was really nescessary);
  4. Reistall PBI;
  5. Refresh the Query;
  6. Publish the Dashboard in PBI Service;
  7. Reset the Scheduled refresh.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.