Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of rows set to filters

Hello, I would like you to help me to elaborate the following:

I want a column in this table chart that lists the results (rows that are obtained after applying month filters). Example: That if I select the month of September, the 6 projects appear listed from 1 to 6 (in the index column), if I change the month, that the rows from 1 to n appear.

Josecarlino_0-1663957434801.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hI @Syndicate_Admin ,

You need to use the Rankx function of DAX. click here to see a detailed example.

Similar question refer: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Number-of-row-adjusted-to-filters/m-p/1684219 

And if quesiton still not solved ,pls provide sample data and expect output result.

Best Regards,
Lucien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hI @Syndicate_Admin ,

You need to use the Rankx function of DAX. click here to see a detailed example.

Similar question refer: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Number-of-row-adjusted-to-filters/m-p/1684219 

And if quesiton still not solved ,pls provide sample data and expect output result.

Best Regards,
Lucien

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You may want to specify what the order should be inside the month.  Is it alphabetically? by start date?  Is the order impactable by a filter choice or can it be a calculated column?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.