Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Number of rows loaded missing while refreshing the data in Desktop

Hi All,

I'm just curious if anyone else is also facing this issue since yesterday ( after the roll out of the September update for Desktop)

Earlier while refrehing the number od loaded rows were visible and since yesterday its just showing "Creating connection in model" and then after about 15-20 min it refreshed the data. 

It was nice to know how much data was actually loaded while refreshing.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this? Is this issue know after the September update yesterday?

Earlier Refresh :

Himanshu_13_1-1632483735959.png

Now: 

Himanshu_13_0-1632483277880.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It means that you have to waste time waiting for the meta refresh to finish. If you interrupt it then it will do it again on next desktop refresh.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got exactly same issue. And also when I save some file, it doesn't change it's modified time showing in the file explorer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Did you find any help regarding this? The number of rows loaded should be visible otherwise its not making sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just planning to wait for the new update.. or I guess this is because some new updates recently, and you can try an older version maybe before Septempber 2021. But it seems not very easy: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/downgrade-version/m-p/43479

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbendlin Does it mean I have to wait till the next release or I can do anything on my part to ger this sorted?

As of today, the issue still persists.

Regards,

Himanshu

It means that you have to waste time waiting for the meta refresh to finish. If you interrupt it then it will do it again on next desktop refresh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats the best way to trigger the refresh for the entire metadata?

I dont want to wait for the next desktop refresh.

Regards,

Himanshu

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This happens every couple of releases when they mess with the storage structure so much that they have to re-load all the meta data for all datasets. Should be a one time thing (until the next breaking change, of course)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.