Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jatneerjat
Helper V
Helper V

Not able to get data even after creating many to many relationship

Hi,

I have created relationship like below,in this i have unique dates in date table and other have duplicate date values:

cd.PNG

but i am getting below error while i pull the dates of the columns which have duplicate dates:

pc.PNG

how can i create a relationship so all 3 of my dates will be in sync?

Thanks,

Neeraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jatneerjat,

I created some tables as you described. Based on my test, I can reproduce the issue the same as you by pulling duplicate dates from different tables into one visual.

Actually this is a known issue in Power BI when using groups from a chain of N:1:N relationships. The issue could be fixed by changing the fields from don’t summarize to other options. Also we can work around this issue by adding a model measure to the visual. The DAX generation logic for visual queries treats model measures as if they could relate any combination of groups. Therefore, adding a model measure to a visual effectively disables the check for unconstrained joins that is triggering the error message shown below.

1.png
For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ee5dtxkc3zyknk/Not%20able%20to%20get%20data%20even%20after%20creating%20m...

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jatneerjat,

I created some tables as you described. Based on my test, I can reproduce the issue the same as you by pulling duplicate dates from different tables into one visual.

Actually this is a known issue in Power BI when using groups from a chain of N:1:N relationships. The issue could be fixed by changing the fields from don’t summarize to other options. Also we can work around this issue by adding a model measure to the visual. The DAX generation logic for visual queries treats model measures as if they could relate any combination of groups. Therefore, adding a model measure to a visual effectively disables the check for unconstrained joins that is triggering the error message shown below.

1.png
For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ee5dtxkc3zyknk/Not%20able%20to%20get%20data%20even%20after%20creating%20m...

Regards,
Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

It works when i use this date values in slicer but when i drag this into the table then it gives error message as posted by you so i think it worked for me as i removed dont summarize option.

thanks

Hi @jatneerjat,

Does that make sense? If so , could you please mark this answer as a solution?

Regards,
Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.