Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

peterg0417
Helper II
Helper II

New feature feedback - Dynamic Measure Formatting

The new feature for April 2023 release has been a game changer. Finally we are able to add custom strings to our measures and not lose the number format, which means we can use them in bars, lines and column charts.

I've been going through all of my measures to apply my new format string and it's been 95% smooth for all but one scenario.

I know this is a preview feature so not all kinks have been ironed out but wanted to highlight this in the hopes of getting it addressed in a new update.

It seems to only be happening in the "Total labels" even though I have the formatting in that section set to "none" (like it's supposed to be). I'm also using "dimension parameters" as a Legend in this visual (to toggle between location, asset class, and division). I suspect that it's the parameter in conjunction with having a field in the X-Axis that is causing this issue.
peterg0417_0-1683128637041.png

My custom measure string:

SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    SELECTEDMEASURE () < 1000, "$#,##0",
    SELECTEDMEASURE () < 1000000, "$#,##0,.0K",
    SELECTEDMEASURE() < 1000000000, "$#,##0,,.0M",
    "$#,##0,,,.0B"
)

If someone found a solution then please let me know, or if the dev team has any ideas on how to get this to work (or fix it in an update) I'd be very grateful.

Cheers!
2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can raise an issue at https://issues.powerbi.com . If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Thank you. Didn't know this was an option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.