Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Calumc12
Helper I
Helper I

New Measure

Hello, 

Im currently looking into some analysis - for reference this is for a sports team. I am trying to simply look at a % of how much a training session was worth compared to a competitive game. 

I have done this by creating two data files in excel. One is my 'match analysis' (the data collected in competition), the other is my 'training data' (data collecting in training sessions. 

I have investigated this and used the AVERAGE function i.e the measure I want to compare is total distance ..

total diatance % = AVERAGE ( 'training data' [total distance]) / AVERAGE ('match data' [total distance])

this formula works although, it does not give me the data I need. I need to expand upon this and be more specific; I have ten players in this example, who play different positions. I want to criteria match the position to the player so I would return a value that would give me the % between training and match data for that position/player. 

a littlw more context, within my data sheets made in excel, I have a VLOOKUP formula which uses the same positional criteria i.e player 1, stricker so all formatiting and spelling would be the same.  Any help from you wizzards would be greatly appreciaited 

CC

5 REPLIES 5
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @Calumc12 

Can you please provide input and required output in table format for the community so that you ask can be better understood and resolved quickly.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Hi Pranit

I dont know how I can be more clearer there. I have data collected in a sports training session. I want to compare that data to average data per position from a game and present as a % off grand total 

for example from the information collected show what percentage players have ran in training compared to a game

@Calumc12 

It would be really helpful (for us to help you in turn) if you could provide sample data, a representation (do it it in Excel if need be) of the expected result and if possible, a sample PBIX file to work with.

otherwise we are just guessing!

thanks!

In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Yeah, totally apprieciate that 

I think I have cracked it. I have manaaged to create a relationship between the player positions so Power BI finds the average per position and not on all of the data - i am just double checking this manually in excel to see if it returns the same data. 

i will post once complete

Hi @Calumc12

Is your issue solved now?

Best Regards,
Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.