Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BrotherZin
Frequent Visitor

Need help with creating a measure

I have two tables:

Absence Detail which lists each planned absence an employee has requested by day (table includes date, employee, department among a few other columns.

Department Total which is a list of departments and the total employees in each.

There is a one to many relationship between DT and AD through the department.

I'm trying to develop a measure that will calculate the percentage of employees scheduled absent over the total number of employees in that particular department.

I have a Table Tile which has the Date and Department and a measure which gives me the total employees planned off for the corresponding date/department  in the table, but have had a bit of difficulty determining how to properly incorporate the department total from the DT table so I can calculate a percentage.

I got part of the Measure:  calculate(COUNTX(AD,[EmployeeNumber]))

but need to find the "divided by department total" for the % of employes planned to be out.

Once I have that my next step is to filter that calculation so that the only records that will show are those department where more than X% of their employee base is scheduled off so that the supervisor can ensure there is coverage.

I would appreciate any assistance.  I hope I have provided enough detail.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@BrotherZin,

You may use measure below and take advantage of Visual level filters.

Measure =
DIVIDE ( COUNTX ( AD, [EmployeeNumber] ), MAX ( DT[total employees] ) )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@BrotherZin,

You may use measure below and take advantage of Visual level filters.

Measure =
DIVIDE ( COUNTX ( AD, [EmployeeNumber] ), MAX ( DT[total employees] ) )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you!  Now that I see it, it makes perfect sense!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.