Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

erhan_79
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Need help ith formula

Hi there ;

i need  your  kind support to calculate below issue on my report  ;

i have a table which one's name is Table A as below at left , i would like to calculate day by day increasing of amount based on date and based on Sales Group .Here some users adviced me to use to try "running total"  with quick measure but it s not available for my scenarios  , i need a new table as below at right , could you pls give the formula for new table pls 

thanks in advance 

Capture-18.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@erhan_79 

Please try below measure to create a new table.

Table 3 = 
SUMMARIZE('Table (2)','Table (2)'[reportdate],'Table (2)'[salesgroup],"amount",CALCULATE(sum('Table (2)'[Amount]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[salesgroup]),'Table (2)'[reportdate]<=EARLIER('Table (2)'[reportdate]))))

1.PNG

hope this is helpful.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@erhan_79 

Please try below measure to create a new table.

Table 3 = 
SUMMARIZE('Table (2)','Table (2)'[reportdate],'Table (2)'[salesgroup],"amount",CALCULATE(sum('Table (2)'[Amount]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[salesgroup]),'Table (2)'[reportdate]<=EARLIER('Table (2)'[reportdate]))))

1.PNG

hope this is helpful.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@erhan_79 ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hi  @amitchandak  ;

Infact today i mentioned this issue another ticket , i thought that you were busy , so i reopen again topic 

summarize(Table, Date[Date],table[sales Group],"Amount",CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Amount]),filter(date,date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date]))))

i tried your below formula  that you gave me today  , i created also a date table too , but something wrong and i can not solve what i tried .

i wanted that everyday system will increase value to previous day based on sales group , but formula calculate just totals for each days 

for your easy checking i am sharing my test file 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ug3gP3GtYAdgsQui-Fbbp90MzFhlkVNS/view?usp=sharing

İ have table A ,  below table named "table new " that  i want to create new   , if you should  focus amounts  below  new table  right , first day (15 june ) are 15 June's amounts , but for next days system adding previous day's amount and shows like that , and next day again add all previous day's amounts based on Sales Group  :

Capture20.JPG

i created new table with my test pbix as below , it is not same as you see my above "new table " namedCapture21.JPG

i hope it is clear now : 

@erhan_79 ,

I create a measure and used it in display table with date from date table and sales group from table and got the required visual table

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table A'[Amount]),FILTER(all(Dimdate),Dimdate[Date]<=MAXX('Table A','Table A'[Report Date])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.