Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwnance
Helper I
Helper I

Need Help on using different Dates for Calcualtions

I have a problem I am trying to solve and I dont know where to start.  Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a several  PowerBI  pages that report on a project.  That project have several specific dates.  Start, Dev finish, Test Start Test Finish.   

I have been asked to extend it to additional projects.  However all those projects  have different dates.   All my pages and calcualtions are based on the specific dates.  Is there a way to changes dates based on the project selected?  So in all my Measures and Pages saying based on project selected in filter use date for that project?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @mwnance 

According to your description , you want to add the another project in your table right?

First , if you want to add a new project in your table , you need to create a column to flag which the project is.

For those you want to merge, there are two options to try:

(1)You can merge all tables, but you need to make sure that the header name of each table is the same in Power Query Editor.

(2)You can create parameters in Power Query Editor, then create variables and populate them in your corresponding project table (Excel name).

Finally, for your measure calculation, if the calculation method and calculation rules are the same for each of your items, then the measure can be reused. But if the calculation rules are different, then you may need to use the SWITCH( ) function to implement your different logical needs.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @mwnance 

According to your description , you want to add the another project in your table right?

First , if you want to add a new project in your table , you need to create a column to flag which the project is.

For those you want to merge, there are two options to try:

(1)You can merge all tables, but you need to make sure that the header name of each table is the same in Power Query Editor.

(2)You can create parameters in Power Query Editor, then create variables and populate them in your corresponding project table (Excel name).

Finally, for your measure calculation, if the calculation method and calculation rules are the same for each of your items, then the measure can be reused. But if the calculation rules are different, then you may need to use the SWITCH( ) function to implement your different logical needs.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.