Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RJD515
Regular Visitor

Need Help - Measure

Hello,

I am a newbie to Power BI and need some help with a measure i am trying to create.

I am trying to get total cost of orders based on a look-up between 2 tables and i have the below but itis not working.

Value of Orders = CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'rma mm_standard_cost'[MAX_STD_COST_EA] ), FILTER ( 'rma sr_order_line', 'rma sr_order_line'[PART_NUMBER] = RELATED('rma mm_standard_cost'[MATERIAL]) ) )

RMA is the DB

MM Standard Cost is table 1...has Material and MAX_STD_COST_EA as 2 fields

SR Order Line is another table...which has a field called the Part_Number

Thanks in advance

Desikan Narayanan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@RJD515

You may modify you formula like below: 

Value of Orders =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'rma mm_standard_cost'[MAX_STD_COST_EA] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'rma mm_standard_cost'[MATERIAL] ),
        CONTAINS (
            VALUES ( 'rma sr_order_line'[PART_NUMBER] ),
            'rma sr_order_line'[PART_NUMBER], 'rma mm_standard_cost'[MATERIAL]
        )
    )
)

Please also refer to this article: 

From SQL to DAX: Joining Tables

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@RJD515

You may modify you formula like below: 

Value of Orders =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'rma mm_standard_cost'[MAX_STD_COST_EA] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'rma mm_standard_cost'[MATERIAL] ),
        CONTAINS (
            VALUES ( 'rma sr_order_line'[PART_NUMBER] ),
            'rma sr_order_line'[PART_NUMBER], 'rma mm_standard_cost'[MATERIAL]
        )
    )
)

Please also refer to this article: 

From SQL to DAX: Joining Tables

Regards,

parry2k
Super User
Super User

Can you share how your tables are related that will help to answer you question. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

RJD515
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I am trying to write a measure to cauclate the total cost of orders based on materials by looking up the standard cost from another table.

I have the below...but it is not working. Can someone help this newbie pls?

Value of Orders = CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'rma mm_standard_cost'[MAX_STD_COST_EA] ), FILTER ( 'rma sr_order_line', 'rma sr_order_line'[PART_NUMBER] = RELATED('rma mm_standard_cost'[MATERIAL]) ) )

MM Standard cost has the Material and the cost...SR Order Line has the Part Number that was submitted in the order.

Thanks in advance

Desi 

Hi @RJD515,

Share the link from where i can download your file.  Show the expected result/visual that you want.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Seems to be a duplicate post 🙂

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.