Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MySQL driver is not recognized by Power BI Desktop

Dear Power BI community,

I am trying to set up Power BI Desktop with MySQL data source in direct query mode.

Unfortunately, even with the suggested driver (https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/) downloaded and installed, it does not seem to recognize it, and I cannot connect.

The error message remains the same; please see the screenshot attached:

image.png

I tried rebooting Power BI and the host machine, but it did not help.

The issue is reproducible on Windows 10 Pro and Windows Server 2022, and it's the same on both systems.

What could I do here to resolve the issue?

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

There is an ICM that has been reported and I will update it here if there is any news.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

criws93

I'm running into the same issue with new installations, it seems there's something going on with the new Power BI Desktop app? 

(I have tried using different Mysql connector versions and rebooting, but nothing works)

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Try uninstalling the driver and installing the previous version of the driver.

Solved: MySQL Connector Not Working - Microsoft Power BI Community

2. Or consider using the ODBC connector.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. I'd like to have Direct Query access instead of ODBC import. Changing versions does not work for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.