Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

doctaphil89

Multivariate Bubble Map or Heatmap

I have a dataset with location (zip, lat/long) and a categorical status for each row (Open/Closed.)

I have been through a plethora of stock and third party apps and cannot accomplish being able to convey size/density per location for BOTH variables. Ever since a recent update, default Map visual bubbles are opaque and the bubbles becomes a pie chart when representing multiple variable values. I have also tried Filled Map, Mapbox, and Chloropleth and I can't find a visual that won't summarize the Open/Closed variable.

Ideally, I would like to control the size or density of the bubble/heatmap with the Count and then choose the color or gradient for each value of the variable.

2 REPLIES 2
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @doctaphil89 ,

I can't find any map visual that you can put multiple values in size field. Maybe you need to find a aggregation between Open/Closed. Or you can create an idea for it  in

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to improve the power bi.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.