Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

york
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple slicers connected

Hi,

I have table A, it has two columns that are named Product Type and Supplier, and I have other 2 tables, table B has a column named Product Type, Table C has a column supplier, then table A relates to table B and C.

I created two slicers, one slicer from Table B named Product Type, and the other one is from Table C named Supplier, I hope when I choose product type value in product type slicer, the supplier slicer will be changed by the value, how can I make it?

10 REPLIES 10
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

if you select the visual you want to change the value of another visual (slicer) you can select the Format tab and select edit interactions then you can select whether the selection in the current one impacts the other.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

It seems not work, when I choose the one of the supplier, the product type slicer will still show all

york_0-1682241093107.png

Have you got a relationship set up in model view? if so what is the cross filter direction between those tables?

Hi Doleary85:

Here is the relation in the model view, is there anything that needs to be improved?

york_0-1682298849319.png

I can't see anything wrong with this.

If you use the fields from the inspection summary table in the slicers instead of the individual tables do the slicers update?

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Hi Doleary85:

Thank you for helping, there will be more tables in the future, they will connect with Supplier and Product Type table, so I can't use the slicer from the inspection summary...

Okay, can you try changing the cross filter direction to both on the supplier table relationship

Hi Doleary85:

It's genuinely nice of you! I have a table named defect table, the defect table is a reference table of inspection summary, when I choose the filter direction to both between product type and inspection summary, it worked, but when I choose the date table, the power BI remind that it doesn't work, please see the below:  

york_0-1682332008821.png

No problem.

I think maybe the next step is to create a measure for the supplier field using CROSSFILTER and change the direction of the cross filter within this rather than in the model.

Hi DOLEARY85:

Sorry for my late reply, what kind of measure do I need to create? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.