Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BK1234
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple selection in matrix with mutiple levels, using CTRL

Hello,

I have a matrix with on the rows, a group and an item, like:

Group 1

Item 1

Item 2

Item 3

Group 2

Item 4

Item 5

Item 6

Group 3

Item 7

Item 8

Item 9

So to see items 1, 2 and 3, you have to open group 1 with the +.

What I want is to select mutiple items. For example item 4 and 5, so the other visuals get filtered by my selection. Selecting for example, group 2 and 3, is not a problem. Click group 2, press CTRL and click group 3. But the use of CTRL doesn't work with selecting multiple itemst.

Is this just an impossibility or is there some kind of option to make this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@BK1234 Not possible in the current functionality. Have you looked into the HierarchySlicer? That might fit your needs.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@BK1234 Not possible in the current functionality. Have you looked into the HierarchySlicer? That might fit your needs.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer Too bad, but thanks for your reply!

I am aware of the hierarchy slicer but was trying to avoid have to add an extra slicer on my page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.