Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kasiaw29
Resolver II
Resolver II

Multiple clustered column chart with monthly breakdown per category.

Hi there,

I've viewed few posts but didn't find anyting that fitted my example. Wondering if anyone could suggest something for me? 

What I want to achieve is have a column chart with:

X-Axis :  Month & Supplier Name

Y-Axis: Total Purchase Value & Total Supplier Capacity 

Originally I thought, well this is simple enough but supplier capacity is not planned out for rolling months. It a value that is stored per supplier on the system and can be changed at any time and there is no date against it so when I try to put it into report it's not right as it's being summarized for all suppliers. 

What I have so far:

Supplier name on X-Axis

Total Purchase Value vs Supplier Capacity

2020-05-06_16-16-43.jpg

When I add in timeline to it:

2020-05-06_16-50-05.jpg

I'm using line and clustered column chart and cannot seem to add Supplier Name as Column Series. As you can see this isn't right. Would you suggest using a different measure from app store or creating some fancy calucations to get over this? 

I'm already grateful for any feedback on this. 

Thanks,

K

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kasiaw29 ,

Currently, one chart can only have one Legend category. While there are two fields Total Purchase Value and Supplier Capacity in the Column values box of chart, which has the same effect of Legend category. So it is not supported to add another Legend category .

To work around this issue, you may remain only one field in the Column values box, maybe Total Purchase Value or Supplier Capacity, and let another field into Line values box, then put [Supplier name] into Column series box of chart.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kasiaw29 , I did not get completely. If you add a supplier to legend you will get series but you can get only one measure

Hi @amitchandak 

I tried that it won't let me drop Supplier Name field into the visual. 

Thanks,

Kasia 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.