Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

eegarlepp
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Slicers filtering 2 tables when only one active relationship can be set

Looking for some help with a problem I have that I have seen some community posts that I tried to no avail. Thank you ahead of time!

Have 3 tables - OPPTY, DATE, QUOTA

1. DATE Table(not shown in pic but is pretty standard) that has an Active relationship to my OPPTY Table via the DATE columns in each
  2. QUOTA Table that has an Active relationship to my OPPTY Table via the AREA and OPPORTUNITY_AREA_C columns. 

Have 3 Slicers

1. FISCAL QUARTER Slicer that can filter the OPPTY Table
  2. OPPORTUNITY_OWNER_MANAGER_c Slicer that can filter the OPPTY Table
  3. OPPORTUNITY_AREA_c Slicer that can filter both the OPPTY and QUOTA Tables

Need the 3 Slicers to filter both the OPPTY and QUOTA Tables.

I could set up different active relationships amongst the three tables and slicers and they would work but because I can't have multiple active relationships between these tables as they are connected already I am not able to. 

2019-05-18_1-00-36.png

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eegarlepp - It looks like your problem may be the bi-directional relationship between opp and quota. Does it need to be bi-directional? 

Cheers!

Nathan

Thanks @Anonymous for your response.  In the model are set the direction of those 2 tables from Both, to single and back and nothing. Below is how the relationship of the 2 tables is setup. The cardinality has to be Many to Many due to how the Quota table was created which was by way of unpivoting the original table.

2019-05-18_16-54-24.png

Hope this helps...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.