Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

facilitydax
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Selection for Slicer/Parameter

Hi - 

I have a time based measure that calculates a "Risk" metric based on several other attributes which change over time. 

Risk1.jpg

I'd like to add a slicer which allows multi-select like the one below where I can filter down on the Risk metrics.

Risk2.jpg

However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to move forward. It seems like after searching the forum, there may be some combination of using VALUES and IN but I can't quite figure it out.  I also saw someone use ISCROSSFILTERED and then filter when it's true but still running into issues with it.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @facilitydax ,

Did your slicer use the same source field as your snapshot? If this is a case, you can direct use values(Table[Risk]) as a filter condition to filter calculation records.

Measure =
CALCULATE ( formula, VALUES ( Table[Risk] ) )

If your slicer uses an unrelated table column as the source, you can loop the whole table to compare it with selected items.

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    formula,
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table ), Table[Risk] IN VALUES ( selector[Risk] ) )
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @facilitydax ,

Did your slicer use the same source field as your snapshot? If this is a case, you can direct use values(Table[Risk]) as a filter condition to filter calculation records.

Measure =
CALCULATE ( formula, VALUES ( Table[Risk] ) )

If your slicer uses an unrelated table column as the source, you can loop the whole table to compare it with selected items.

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    formula,
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table ), Table[Risk] IN VALUES ( selector[Risk] ) )
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.