Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

EloiseJane
Frequent Visitor

Multiple IFs

Hi all

I am trying to workout if something is within timeline, but i need it to check if a field has a date first then if so work out X if not check this field isnt blank and work out Y

this is the Dax i am working with, i manage to get it to do one half but then it doesnt seem to do the second field blank check:

Test PPA = IF(ISBLANK('DCAPPL Import'[PPACDATE]),IF('DCAPPL Import'[DATEDECISS]>'DCAPPL Import'[DATE8WEEK],"Exceeds","Within"), IF(ISBLANK('DCAPPL Import'[DATEDECISS]),BLANK(),if('DCAPPL Import'[DATEDECISS]>'DCAPPL Import'[DATE8WEEK],"Exceeds", "Within")))

any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@EloiseJane Try out with Switch:

Test PPA =SWITCH(TRUE(),
                              DATEDECISS>DATE8WEEK,"Exceeds",
                              DATEDECISS=BLANK(),BLANK(),
                              DATEDECISS>DATE8WEEK,"Exceeds", "Within")

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@EloiseJane Try out with Switch:

Test PPA =SWITCH(TRUE(),
                              DATEDECISS>DATE8WEEK,"Exceeds",
                              DATEDECISS=BLANK(),BLANK(),
                              DATEDECISS>DATE8WEEK,"Exceeds", "Within")

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

thank you this worked 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.