Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Multiple Filetype in a column from a Source - Can M handle such?

I have some data sources that have some multiple data-types. These are excel workbooks, some sources are coming from templates which have in the formula =if(a+b=0,"No Sales",a+b).

What usually happens is that I have to go over and remove these "No Sales" occurences - BUT is there some way that during import process (in PowerBI) this can be handled? I'm thinking M, but how (if it is able).

Or what could you suggest - I could go ask that the formula be changed but I am curious now if there is a way to handle such situations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When you are importing data (get data) you can select the column and select "replace value" to replace this text with either null or 0

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

When you are importing data (get data) you can select the column and select "replace value" to replace this text with either null or 0

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

@MattAllington wrote:

@MattAllington, That I should try, thanks.

By the way I just purchased "The Definitive Guide to DAX", great book but I am also planning to get yours within the month.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.