Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mchandler
Frequent Visitor

Monthly suppler report date slicer

Good evening, I have been working A single page report that shows several visuals of data based on the month a ticket was created and or resolved. 

I am running into trouble with the top level slicer for the user to select the month that they want data for. Currently this is all in 1 table. Whet I am trying to accomplish is when the user selects July from the drop down that every visual will use that as the setting for a relative date. To be more specific. If I select July as my month I would like to have a card visual show me how many tickets were created in July. Right now I am getting to this number by having a count of "ticketID" filtered by "CreatedDate" relative to the last 1 month (calendar). Now when I have the next card that shows the count of "TicketID" filtered by "ResolvedDate" relative to the last 1 month (calendar), I only see tickets count of the tickets that were marked resolved but only what was created in July. If a ticket was opened in June and closed in July I don't get that value. 

I need a single slicer that when selected day I get the created and resolved for that month. 

I have read and read and I keep getting close but I am not able to find anything based around text. 

currenly I do not have a date table but I am happy to create one if that's the solution. Thank you for any help you can give. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mchandler 

This is a common scenario when multiple date columns exist in a table. With a date table and userelationship function, it will be solved easily. You could refer to below articles for common practices. Put date table's date or month column in the slicer.

Using USERELATIONSHIP in DAX - SQLBI

How To Work With Multiple Dates In Power BI | Enterprise DNA

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mchandler 

This is a common scenario when multiple date columns exist in a table. With a date table and userelationship function, it will be solved easily. You could refer to below articles for common practices. Put date table's date or month column in the slicer.

Using USERELATIONSHIP in DAX - SQLBI

How To Work With Multiple Dates In Power BI | Enterprise DNA

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mchandler , Based on what I got. You need to have a common date table and join with both dates. One join will be inactive, that you have to activate using userealtionship

refer my blog for example and code

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.