Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Monthly growth with multiple data segmentation

Hello friends!

I hope you're all okay. My name is Fernanda and I am quite new using power BI, and although I have already enrolled in a course to hone my knowledge, I have an urgent project at this time, so I come to you begging to help me.

I'm sure it's pretty easy for you, but as I said before: I'm new.

Here it goes:

I currently have in my dashboard a visual that is a line chart and on the same page, segmentation objects for this chart to change. I have a measure of quarterly percentage growth and on the chart as legend I have the years. As a data segmentation I have: regions, countries, years, quarters and months.

What I want is that when I select the different slicers, my chart changes, and I have already achieved it with regions and countries, selecting several years and selecting several quarters, however, I still do not achieve it with the months.

When I try to filter with months, it throws the data as points on the axis, and not as a growth line (as happens as when I have only one selected period and do not have to compare it).

I figured it was because my chart only had a quarterly growth measure, so create one of monthly growth, and I already have it, but when I try to add it to the chart as a value below quarterly, or secondary value, it won't let me add it.

BY FAVOOOOR, YOUR URGENT HELP! I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD HELP ME. 😊

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello everyone!

I hope you are well.

How can I publish my report to be public? Either by sharing a link or through SharePoint. I have tried with several tutorials but when sharing the link, it asks the user to log in and when doing so it throws a message that they do not have the permissions to view the report.

I don't know if my report will be blocked by follow-up or if I'm doing something wrong. What I want is to generate a link and that anyone with the link can see the report. I don't have a PRO account and neither do the people I'm going to share them with.

Thank you very much 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

I've looked at the pictures you've placed in here and can see that the difference between them is that in one you've selected the months and in the other one you have not. It's hard for me to assess why both cases make a distinction between these cases in the visual without having the file at my fingertips.

Would you somehow be able to paste a link to the file or a file that replicates this issue so that I could get it down to my PC and play around with it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Syndicate_Admin 

Sorry but judging by the text description I suspect people will be struggling a lot to give you an answer. You have to SHOW us the problem with the measures themselves, the model and the visuals.

Hello! My apologies, I didn't quite know how to attach images, but I think I've already made it.

I explain a little, and thank you in advance for any help or advice you can give me.

This is the object I'm struggling with: as you can see, the months are selected but not positioned as a line but as a point. In this case they are January-February and March. If I change this segmentation the data changes (so if they recognize it), but it is positioned as these points and not as lines.

Filtro mes no funcional.jpeg

What I want is something like this: in this case the quarters are selected, and here if I can select different years and quarters and place them with a line.

Filtros funcionales.jpeg

The measures are as follows:

Are "identical" by changing month (non-functional) and quarter (functional) data

With this is like the one I struggle with: I did it because as I explained in the original post, I think the problem could come from just having a quarterly growth measure, but in this chart it doesn't allow me to have both measures simultaneously.

media mes 1.jpeg

medida mes.jpeg

Here are the calculations: annual total ton is a summation that comes from the database, and the previous quarter ton I calculated it as follows:

medida trimestre 1.jpeg

medida trimestre.jpeg

I hope this makes it clearer and you can help me. As already expressed, thank you all very much for your attention and desire to help.

Cordial greetings to all

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors