Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Month on Hand calculation for Q4 based on Min Inventory

Hello all,

I have to calulate a column MOH calulation by Q4. Below is the screenshot of dummy data in excel attached what I am trying to achieve by using the formula. For viewing tables and and data model please go through my attached pbix file

.Capture.PNG

I have created a pbix which has column on min inventory calculated using power query, I also have measures for Q1 and Q4.

When I try to achive this formula by writing the formula below, 

Meaure = [Min Inventory #]/[Q4] .....(This is my logic but [Min Inventory#] cannot be inserted it gives error

Is it wrong approach to do so?

Please guide me how to proceed to solve this problem. I am also attaching my pbix file for reference.

Thank You.

DummyWork.pbix file 

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

I am not sure whether I understood your question correctly, but pleae check the data type of the column MIN Inventory #. I think it is a text type. Please try to change it to number type.

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jihwan_Kim Yes, I did forget to change column type in my dummy report.

But I got the solution, I was confusing myself between calculation of Column and Measure. Now, got that confusion correct.

Thank You.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.