Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Model size behaviour

Hello Community,

I have a master model which includes all of my company's data to be used internally, this model is ~500 MB in size with tables in import from Google big Query.

I have created a new model with just the two fact tables from the same model with maybe 5-10% more data because of infrequent data refresh on the master model exactly the same amount of rows

The problem is, the new model comes out ~1GB in size - actually I am less than 100 KB away from breaking the 1GB limit for Pro users.

I have no idea how this can happen? It's the same data and there is without a doubt less data in the model taking up 1 GB.
The 1 GB one doesn't even have measures, visualizations etc while the small one has 100+ pages and several 100 measures plus many dimensions

I need to find a solution otherwise I will loose my ability to upload the model when it break 1 GB

Has anyone experienced something similar?

EDIT: Any tips or thoughts on how to debug this would also be welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was a bit too hasty making this post, the issue was a single column contributing to +600 MB. I identified the issue using Vertipaq analyzer in Tabular Editor 3 and was able to single out this column.

Sorry for any inconvenience to anyone who might have tried looking into this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was a bit too hasty making this post, the issue was a single column contributing to +600 MB. I identified the issue using Vertipaq analyzer in Tabular Editor 3 and was able to single out this column.

Sorry for any inconvenience to anyone who might have tried looking into this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.