Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pica_Hudsonia

Missing text in Power Bi card

New Power Bi user here,

I'm creating a document where you select data with the Power Bi slicers and you have the requirements appearing on the Power Bi card. It works great but I have noticed that for longer descriptions, the text is incomplete in the Power Bi card even though there is enough room in the card (see below):

Pica_Hudsonia_0-1690910699780.png

I have selected "text wrap" option in the card option but the text is still incomplete finishing with "...".

When I go in the "Data View", same thing, even though there is room in the cell, the text doesn't show completely (see below):

Pica_Hudsonia_1-1690910955285.png

But when I go over the cell with my cursor, a window with the complete text appears.

Hence, my question is, how can I have the whole text in a cell appears on the Power Bi card. Is there a special formatting I must do with my excel document prior to importing it in Power BI?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
foodd
Super User
Super User

The trick is to size the Card.  Make it oversized, and set the font as low as practical.   However a table visual works somewhat better, and you can control the width of the column in the Visual.  The image below uses a Table.

foodd_0-1690916340061.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pica_Hudsonia

Thank you foodd!

I tried resizing the card but it didn't work. However it works with the table visual. Again, thank you so much for the quick reply and the solution. Have a great day!

foodd
Super User
Super User

The trick is to size the Card.  Make it oversized, and set the font as low as practical.   However a table visual works somewhat better, and you can control the width of the column in the Visual.  The image below uses a Table.

foodd_0-1690916340061.png

You're welcome.   I was thinking about it, and you may find additional styling options by using the HTML Content Visual when you get time to play around.

Report authors can use the visual to write their own columns and measures using DAX, to create dynamic HTML content, or render existing content from their data model that contains HTML in their reports.

For information on getting started, worked examples, more detail on visual properties, or version history, you can visit www.html-content.com to learn more.

Please mark as a solution if this has contributed to solving your issue.

Thank you my friend, this is definitely something I will try. Have a great day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.