Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gabrieleghiga
Regular Visitor

Missing results on maps using halfback longitude and latitude

Hi!

I'm having some trouble with my power bi coloured maps.

I have a value wich comes from sales related to customers who are scattered all over the Italy. My need is to have a colourded maps that show me how much of this value comes from each italian region. 

In order to get this result i used mi value measure related to my customers table where i have geography information (Latitude, Longitude, Region). I set the halfback calculation for latitude and Longitude and it works for all the Region but Liguria.

In plain words it seems that the halfback calculation return a result wich in not within the dry land range of Liguria. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Gabriele

8 REPLIES 8
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi There,

The reasons and solutions for your problem is discussed in This  blog article written  by Ankit Patiera on Community and would be useful for designing of your solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

I'm using an update table with correct Lon and Lat actually. 

The problem is that is not workin on the selction of the halfback of a group of them, and i'm using a tabular model as data source so anything concerning query command would be usefull!

@gabrieleghiga

Could you share the pbix or by more specific with snapshots to elobrate the problem?

Hi! 

I create a moke up (based on the same datasheet) using two different kind of Maps. On the one called TEST1  you can see the problem i was referring to.. basically if you make a zoom around Genova areas you will see that the coordinates (calculated as halfback) for Liguria are just into the sea. On the other hand you have the coloured maps, that was my starting point actually, and my target at the end of the day. 

here's the link

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZTMxZWEwMWItODhkNS00M2E5LTlmYTctZGIwNWJjYWU0Yzc0IiwidCI6IjU4Y...

I hope i've been clear... 

Thanks a lot!

@gabrieleghiga

Thanks for sharing that title, it makes your problem clear.

Google map shows the cordinates(44.3168,8.9089) in a sea while it tells the cordinates of Liguria is (44.3168° N, 8.3965° E). So it seems an incorrect cordinates in your case. Please check geography information in your table, and regarding "halfhack calculation", I don't quite get it.

Hi Eric, i'm sorry i've not been clear enough!

The problem is that i don't have Lat and Long for the Regions. I got coordinates for Companies (that you can't see on the available field of the model just because their hidden), wich are associated to region on the same table.

Selectin region field instead of company imply that coordinates have to be calculated (using sum, average, median etc). I used the median, with the result that you have seen on the maps. 

If i'm not wrong you suggest to assign coordinates to each region. I'll try to do it and i'll let you know! 

Thank you

The problem is that i don't have Lat and Long for the Regions. I got coordinates for Companies (that you can't see on the available field of the model just because their hidden), wich are associated to region on the same table.

@gabrieleghiga

The Geocoding link in @BhaveshPatel's post is interesting.

ThThThs

@Eric_Zhang if you need the Pbix file just tell me ho to share it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.