Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

LowisC
Regular Visitor

Measure to calculate the number of results in Table 2, filtering by Table 2 date >= Table 1 date

Hello,

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me a hand on figuring out how I can solve the following:

I have Table 1 and Table 2 with a relation of many to many created. They are both connected throught "Document Number" column. I use Table 1 as my main table. Both tables show workflows information, meaning that I may have several rows with the same Document Number but with other different information, like Task Completion Date (Table 1) and/or Workflow Completion Date (Table 2), for example.

Based on their relation, when I filter Table 1 by Task Completion Date, Table 2 will show all the workflows containing the same Document Numbers filtered in Table 1.

I would like to come up with a measure that I could apply in a visual card that would calculate the total number of  results in "Document Number" column in Table 2 (not a distinct count), but only the results that comply with the following:

- Workflow Completion Date (Table 2) >= Task Completion Date (Table 1)

Is this possible? Let me know if I need to provide any further clarification.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LowisC , Try a measure like

Sumx(Table2, Countx(filter(Table2, Table1[Task Completion Date] <= Table2[Workflow Completion Date] && Table1[Document Number] = Table2[Document Number]),Table2[Document Number]))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LowisC
Regular Visitor

Many thanks for your prompt reply @amitchandak 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LowisC , Try a measure like

Sumx(Table2, Countx(filter(Table2, Table1[Task Completion Date] <= Table2[Workflow Completion Date] && Table1[Document Number] = Table2[Document Number]),Table2[Document Number]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.