Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Orstenpowers
Post Patron
Post Patron

Measure does not work

Dear all,
My below measure does not work...I guess it is related to the fact that it comes from two different fields "salesoffices" and "IObOL new (incl K Group)".
How to overcome this problem? Hopefully someone can help me...

Sales off vs Country = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(salesoffices[Sales office country]])=SELECTEDVALUE('IObOL new (incl K Group)'[Country name]),"identical","deviating")
3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Orstenpowers 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I think the reason why measure doesn't work is that when the data comes from two tables, you can't directly use the selectedvalue() to get and compare them.  Generally speaking, we usually use the key between the two tables and then filter to get the corresponding row, and then compare. Can you share some sample data so I can investigate further. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Orstenpowers , Are these values selected in slicer?

Try like

Sales off vs Country = IF(Max(salesoffices[Sales office country]])=Max('IObOL new (incl K Group)'[Country name]),"identical","deviating")

I did not use a slicer.

Unfortunately your formula does not work. I get message that "column Sales office country]])=Max('IObOL new (incl K Group)'[Country name was not found in table "salesoffices" or is not being allowed to be used in this term...

What needs to be adjusted?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.