Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AbhinavJoshi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Measure does not honor filter from other visuals

Hello everyone! 

I have the following measure for Discrepancy Current Month

DiscrepancyCount =
CALCULATE(
    DISTINCTCOUNT('TableName'[ID-Name]),
    ('TableName'[Match] <> "TRUE")
)
This measure calculates the values well but does not take any filters coming from Pie Chart or the Bar Chart. 
AbhinavJoshi_0-1694471225052.png

Thank you for helping out! 

Abhinav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

That was my original question and you made it super complicated to answer. Change your measure to this

DiscrepancyCount =
CALCULATE(
    keepfilters('TableName'[Match] <> "TRUE")
)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

That was my original question and you made it super complicated to answer. Change your measure to this

DiscrepancyCount =
CALCULATE(
    keepfilters('TableName'[Match] <> "TRUE")
)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

AbhinavJoshi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @parry2k. When I click on the Match Type -> True, The discrepancy count should be zero. When I click on False it should show the discrepancy count of Match Type false and so on for others. Currently it is not taking any filters coming from the Pie Chart. Thanks for looking into it! 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AbhinavJoshi if you click on type false, and your measure is saying show true only in the gauge, what do you expect at that time? In my opinion, it will be blank, or maybe I'm not following what you are trying to achieve here.

AbhinavJoshi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi, if I click on the Match Type false or not in ABC, it should reflect the discrepancy count for those categories or filter values coming from that pie chart.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AbhinavJoshi what you want the gauge to show when you click on other visuals? It will be blank, correct?

AbhinavJoshi
Resolver III
Resolver III

@parry2k  thanks for looking into it. I am using this measure in my gauge visual

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AbhinavJoshi where are you using this measure?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.