Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

I am making a matrix report between years and months. When I populate the 'Value' field for the matrix all I see is row and column totals and that also same values as shown above. I want to populate the individual cells in the matrix but it is only showing me totals. Help Needed...!!

3 REPLIES 3
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Right click on your values and if possible select don't summarize.
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

summary.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have already tried that. I will try to summarise what exactly happens:-

1) There is a Date table with columns ( Date, month name, year). The date column has data type 'Text' when I initially import it from the access db.

2) There is another sales table with a column 'Revenue' which I want to populate in the 'Value' field of the matrix.

3) When I make above matrix and populate the 'Value' field of the matrix with the ' Revenue' column everything works fine. As soon as I change the data type of the ' Date' column of the first table to 'Date' datatype the matrix changes and shows the above totals only.

4) Now even if I revert the changed data type back to text, nothing helps, the matrix shows only the totals.

Hi @Anonymous ,

If there is a date table and you had created a relationship with your fact table in your date model?

And this date field in fact table is a DateTime type?

like this post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Count-Weekly-Created-Resolved-tickets/td-p/806946

Sorry for my carelessness about your screenshot.

your report has the same logic with my simple sample report,

for your case, you need to add two date columns for [created] and [resolution.date].

Since they are datetime, and have different time for each day, but [date] column in date table only has 12:00:00 AM for each day, therefore, it leads to the wrong result.

If not your case, please share your sample pbix file for us to have a test? There should be something wrong in other

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.