Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sylvain74
Helper III
Helper III

Matrix or other visual?

Hi,

I am trying to achieve below visual output with a matrix but I am not sure it's right visual...or maybe I don't setup properly the different properties to achieve it.

The idea is to group first by currency then by bank and then under each bank I should display operator abbreviation, date, invoice number.... and of course amount and balance.

In SSRS it would be quite easy to achieve it via a simple table and some groups but here in Power BI, I don't find.

Can you please help me?

Thanks.

2022-10-24_20h55_57.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sylvain74 ,

Based on your description, I have created a simple sample:

vjianbolimsft_1-1666675136756.png

Please try:

vjianbolimsft_2-1666675155445.png

Output:

vjianbolimsft_3-1666675171998.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Jianbo,

Thank you very much for your answer, however this is not exactly what I am looking for.

I already achieved to produce a layout like the one you proposed but as you can see in my print-screen the group headers are displayed different and more important there are some fields/columns which are not summable data which are in between text columns...

As I understand is that Power BI Matrix only allows to have summarizable data as data value and really behaves like a pivot table.

That's why I was wondering if there are any tricks to get this output or if I should use another visual...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.