Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Marco2903
Frequent Visitor

Matrix Table - Results are not shown for all levels of hierarchy

Hi, I have an issue with the Matrix Table. I'm preparing a report based on Azure Portal exports and I wanted to calculate the Reserved Instances values on my own. The issue occurs when I'm trying to expand the row levels of the matrix table, please see screenshot below:

Marco2903_1-1719228308291.png

The calculation is right only for the highest level of hierarchy, however, when it goes deeper, it doesn't show any values (blue circles on the screenshot).

1 Year MonthlyBenefit = 
VAR _Benefit =
    SUM ( 'Usage Details'[Cost] ) - 'Usage Details'[1Y Monthly_Cost]
RETURN
    SWITCH (
        TRUE (),
        ISINSCOPE ( 'Usage Details'[ResourceName]),
            IF (
                AND ( _Benefit > 0, 'Usage Details'[1Y Monthly_Cost] > 0 ),
                _Benefit,
                BLANK ()
            ),
        BLANK ()
    )

Above, you can find the calculation which I'm currently using. I've been trying to add some more ISINSCOPE elements, but unfortunately the results were wrong / not shown at all. 

Names of all 3 levels are: SubscriptionName, ResourceGroup and ResourceName.

Can someone give me a hint, how can I show the results for all levels of the hierarchy?
Thank you, 
BR,
Marco

4 REPLIES 4
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marco2903 ,

Please test the calculation for each level of the hierarchy separately to determine where the problem occurs. 

Test if the condition after the if is False, causing it to consistently return a blank.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Marco2903
Frequent Visitor

Tried to use another ISINSCOPE instances, without success. Still struggling to get the right results. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

dk_dk
Super User
Super User

Hi @Marco2903 

The other levels are blank because of the ISINSCOPE limiting your calculation to the Resource Name level.

IF you simply want to aggregate the amounts on the higher levels of the hierarchy, then in theory you could just exclude the ISINSCOPE from the RETURN statement and it should work. 

1 Year MonthlyBenefit = 
VAR _Benefit =
    SUM ( 'Usage Details'[Cost] ) - 'Usage Details'[1Y Monthly_Cost]
RETURN
IF (
    AND ( _Benefit > 0, 'Usage Details'[1Y Monthly_Cost] > 0 ),
    _Benefit,
    BLANK ()
   )

Can you let me know if this works, and if not, what the issue is, and what the expected result should have looked like?

Br,
Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Tried to implement your solution, unfortunately, nothing changes. I named it "MonthlyCost Check" Please take a look on the screenshot below:

Marco2903_0-1719233168188.png

The result is being shown only for Resource Name level (it's mentioned in the DAX formula, however, when I'm trying to replace Resource Name with any other column name, nothing changes).

My expected solution would look like that:

Marco2903_1-1719233435670.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept PBI Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.