Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DMatlock06
Frequent Visitor

Matrix - Measures by Quarters

Hello all,

I am trying to organize a matrix that will have several measures in a matrix that will be have a drill down by quarter.  Is this possible?

Here is an example of what i am trying to achieve.

DMatlock06_0-1653139926509.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Out of the box, the native matrix visual does not support such grouping but DAX is flexible enough for a workaround. You can use a disconnected table (no relationships to facts and dimensions table) to hold the values needed. Here's a sample pbix -  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1llBkHjz2fDZG5ZpunUia-bX9sAmRYrys/view?usp=sharing 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @DMatlock06,

You can have multiple measures in one matrix. However, the current matrix visual does not support grouping of column fields by measure as shown in your screenshot. What you'll get is this kind of grouping: Month and then then the measures under it.

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.

Out of the box, the native matrix visual does not support such grouping but DAX is flexible enough for a workaround. You can use a disconnected table (no relationships to facts and dimensions table) to hold the values needed. Here's a sample pbix -  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1llBkHjz2fDZG5ZpunUia-bX9sAmRYrys/view?usp=sharing 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.