Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

awsiya
Frequent Visitor

Match - Unmatch Rows as Conditional Column

Dear Lovely Community,

I am having difficulty to create a conditional column, I would really appreciakte if you could help me in the formula (Conditonal Column (want to create this in  Data view  and not in Query editor) of powerBi Desktop.

So scenario is below

I have an Excel table consisting of four columns labeled "Sorted," "Preferred," "Enrolled," and "Expected." I'm looking to create a new conditional column called "result" based on the following criteria:

• If all corresponding rows in these four columns match, I want the result to be "Matched."
  • If only three out of the four corresponding rows match, I want the result to be "Unmatched 1."
  • If two rows match while the other two do not, I want the result to be "Unmatched 2."
  • If none of the four corresponding rows match, the result should be "Unmatched all."

I have given an example below screen shot with the column that I want the results to be like.

awsiya_0-1699318128659.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@awsiya 

I know that you don't want to do this in PQ. However, it will be easier to handle in PQ

pls see the attachment below

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@awsiya 

I know that you don't want to do this in PQ. However, it will be easier to handle in PQ

pls see the attachment below

Thank you very much for this solution 🙂

you are welcome

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.